Cinnamon Pecan Roasted Root Veggies
Beets, sweets, parsnips and pecans get real cozy in a buttery maple, cinnamon glaze.
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 pound beets, peeled
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbls maple syrup, divided
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Chop sweet potatoes, beets, and parsnips into 1-2" chunks. Layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and 3 tbls maple syrup.
- Pour butter mixture over chopped veggies, stirring to ensure coverage.
- Roast veggies in oven for 55 minutes.
- Remove roasted roots from oven. Sprinkle pecans on top and drizzle on the remaining 2 tbls of maple syrup.
- Return veggies to oven and turn to broil
- Broil for 5 minutes or until pecans are lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and stir once more. Serve warm.