Cranberry and cherry compote topped with sweet and spicy gingerbread cobbler. Free from grains and dairy, and full of goodness for your holiday table.
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 pound cherries, pitted
- Zest and juice from 1 orange
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp tapioca starch
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbls melted coconut oil
- 2 tbls molasses
- 3 tbls maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, combine cherries, cranberries, coconut sugar, tapioca starch, 1/2 tsp ginger, half the orange zest, and juice from orange. Stir to make sure everything is well coated and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine eggs, melted coconut oil, molasses, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- With the mixer running, add in almond flour, baking soda, salt. Beat on medium until a smooth batter is formed.
- Turn speed to low and mix in remaining spices and orange zest.
- Add the berry mixture to a large cast iron pan or a deep 8X12 glass baking dish. Pour gingerbread batter on top of berries, trying to get as much coverage as possible. You don’t need to be exact here and it’s okay if some berries are exposed.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 45-55 minutes, until berries are bubbling and gingerbread is cooked through.
- Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes to let the gingerbread brown.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving or if making ahead, reheat in 300F oven for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh whipped cream!