Friends, you know how I feel about salad. NO ONE HAS TIME FOR BORING FOOD.
If you hate salad (like I typically claim to), you're making it wrong (like I was). Salad is a vehicle for your favorite roasted veggies, delicious dressings, and other fun. Just like pizza is a vehicle for cheese.
So this salad is a vehicle for balsamic roasted pears, pecans and figs and as seems to be my trend lately-- goat cheese-- topped with a maple balsamic vinaigrette.
Roasted Pear & Pecan Salad
Balsamic Roasted Pears, figs and pecans served over mixed greens, dressed with a maple balsamic dressing.
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 Barlett Pears, cored and sliced/li>
- 4oz dried figs (about 8)
- 1 cup boiling water/li>
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2tbls balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbls olive oil
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 Batch Maple Balsamic Dressing
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Add figs to 1 cup boiling water. Allow to soak for 10 minutes, to soften.
- Drain water and slice figs into quarters.
- In a medium size bowl, combine pear slices, figs, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Turn out onto rimmed baking sheet, moving to keep fruit in a single layer. Add pecans to baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- While fruit is roasting, make Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Add mixed greens to a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette.
- Remove fruit from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Carefully fold into roasted fruit and pecans.
- Serve immediately.
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
Salad dressing FTW. Keep in fridge for up to one week.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbls balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tbls maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except s&p in a pint size mason jar.
- Secure lid tightly and shake vigorously until well combined.
- Taste for salt and pepper!
- Keep in fridge.
Looking to prep ahead? Make the vinaigrette and roast the fruit and veggies ahead of time. Combine everything when ready to serve!