Butternut Squash & Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
Butternut Squash and Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
Makes: 4 Servings
- 4 Sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 medium gala apple
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outer skin from the butternut squash
- Cut the bulbous end off the squash and remove the guts and seeds.
- Remove core from apple.
- Chop onion, peeled squash and cored apple into 2" chunks and layer onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle salt evenly over the top.
- Slice italian sausage links into 1" rounds, cut on the diagonal.
- Nestle cut sausages in with squash mixture
- Roast at 400F for 45-50 minutes, until squash is cooked through and sausage begins to brown.
- Finish with a few cracks of pepper and taste for salt.
- Serve on bed of greens or with a salad (gotta eat all the veg!).