Winter Root Veggie Hash
Roasted roots with smokey, warm seasonings offer a fresh take on breakfast potatoes
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 2lbs assorted root veggies (sweet potatoes, parsnips, beets, carrots)
- 4 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbls apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbls olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Prep the veggies. Peel and chop root veggies into 1" chunks. You can use any assortment of root veggies you like. Go crazy! Slice the onion into this half moons
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped veggies, onion, bacon pieces, acv, oil, and spice blend. Mix well to ensure roots are well coated.
- Turn veggies out onto a large rimmed baking sheet, scraping the bowl to get all the spices out. No flavor left behind.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes, until veggies are fork tender.
- Serve as a side dish or top with a soft boiled egg for breakfast!